~ 2017 ~
Old Guard Command Fixed Calendar 2017
The following is a schedule of social, business functions, and meetings of the Command as specified by the Constitution and By-Laws of the Old Guard and by custom for the Command Year 2016:
Executive Committee Regular Meetings
Date: First Monday in each month, with the exception of the July and August recess or when conflicting with National holiday.
Time: 1730 hours unless specified otherwise.
Place: The Elk’s Lodge Atlanta-Northlake, GA No. 78 located at 1775 Montreal Rd., Tucker, GA 30084 unless a change is announced in the Old Guardsman or through the Communications Officer, MAJ Steve Marlowe.
- Regular Meeting: Mon 4 January 2016 (Last Ex. Comm. meeting of the 2015 Command Year)
- Regular Meeting: Mon 1 February 2016
- Regular Meeting: Mon 7 March 2016
- Regular Meeting: Mon 4 April 2016
- Regular Meeting: Mon 2 May 2016
- Regular Meeting: Mon 6 June 2016 (72nd of the Normandy D-Day Landing in 1944)
- No Regular Meeting in July – Command Summer Recess
- Regular Meeting: Mon 29 August 2016 (due to Labor Day Holiday Sept.)
- Regular Meeting: Mon 3 October 2016
- Regular Meeting: Mon 7 November 2016
- Annual Business Meeting: Tuesday 6 December 2016, 1800 Hrs, Ansley Golf Club, Atlanta, GA
- Regular Meeting: Mon 2 January 2017
Special Meetings and Events
Details of Various Other Activities and Observances planned during the year will be published in the Old Guardsman or disseminated via e-mail to the Command.
The Ladies of The Old Guard meet on Fridays (dates as noted) at the Ansley Golf Club at 10:30 AM. Old Guard Members are encouraged to attend as possible.
The Commandant’s Reception will take place on Saturday, August 13, from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Elk’s Lodge Club in Tucker, GA.
OG Annual Business Meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, cocktails at 5:00 PM (1700 hrs,) and starting at 6:00 PM (1800 hrs.) at the Ansley Golf Club. Cost, invitation and details will follow when ready.
Annual Business Meeting Tuesday, December 6, 2016 @ the Ansley Golf Club – in your calendars, Please! Members only.
- Saturday May 6, 2017 11:00 AM in front of Wilkes County Courthouse The Washington Wilkes Historical Foundationi nvites us to the marker dedication Jefferson Davis Trail. Luncheon to follow held at Women’s Club sponsored by UDC Chapter 18 $12 per person contact Debra Dennard at email@example.com or 404-213-5756 reservations required cutoff date is April 21,2017, Col Richard Straut
ROTC Medal Presentations at High Schools and Colleges various dates in March-May 2016 TBD (Make contacts in January-March)
Other Events & Field Trips to be announced